หน้าเว็บ

วันอังคารที่ 23 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2556

Freebie: Floating Social Bar - Increase Your Social Shares

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.

Hello WPBeginner Universe,

For over a year, I have received constant emails from you guys asking about what social media plugin we were using on WPBeginner. My response was that this is something custom we built for our site, and it is not public yet. I know that disappointed quite a few. A lot of you asked me to release the plugin. Well, nothing makes me happier than listening to you guys. Today, I present you with a free gift: WPBeginner's floating social bar.

http://wpbeg.in/12LR6c8 << Download it for FREE

Now you are probably wondering, why did you create this plugin Syed. Don't we already have tons of social media plugins for WordPress? 

In all honesty, there is not a single good social media plugin for WordPress because they all slow down your site. I care about my site load time, so I created a solution to add social sharing buttons while keeping my site fast.

Here's how it works:

In order for you to add the social sharing buttons, you have to load all social scripts on initial page load. These are pretty bulky scripts which slows down your site. I knew I had to prevent that, so I used a technique called socialite. This allows us to delay the loading of social scripts until the user brings their mouse over the social buttons. Now your initial page load is as fast as it would be without any social buttons.

Next up, I wanted to make sure that we add the same look and feel as the official buttons and show the share counts without loading the social scripts. Challenge accepted. I wrote a simple script that gets and store the share counts of each post from the API. This count gets updated every 30 minutes ONLY if the page loads to minimize server load. Pretty sweet right.

I didn't stop there. I decided to get rid of all extra clutter while saving the functionality. Do we really need to load scripts even when the user brings their mouse over? Well only for some, and not others. The only two buttons that we load the script for are Facebook and Google+ because they allow for users to like/+1 the page right from your website. All others (Pinterest, Twitter, and LinkedIn) opens a new window for users to share the post. This allowed me to make the plugin even faster.

I have taken a few psychology classes during my college years. I know that positive reinforcement and convenience plays a huge role in decision making. This is why I added the floating ability to maximize the social shares.

I tested this plugin for over a year on WPBeginner and List25, so I know that this can handle high traffic sites. Then I joined forces with Thomas Griffin (a very talented developer) and released this plugin for free.

What are you waiting for? Increase your social media shares right now.

http://wpbeg.in/12LR6c8 << Download Floating Social Bar for FREE

Try it out on your websites, and let me know how you like it.

Best Social Media Plugin for WordPress

You might think that I'm biased in saying that this is the best social media plugin for WordPress, but I'm not. Yes I know I created this plugin, but it is hands down the best solution out there. This is even faster than you manually adding all social buttons on your site because that will still load the scripts.

I only use and recommend the best. Since there was no good solution out there, I created it.

Try it out for yourself. If you don't like it, then simply respond to this email and let me know why.

http://wpbeg.in/12LR6c8 

I want to improve this plugin as bad as you want to to maximize your social media shares. Try it out and let me know how I can improve it.

Enjoy the free gift.

Yours Truly,
Syed Balkhi
Founder of WPBeginner

You signed up to this email newsletter from wpbeginner.com. Signing up was required to download our products including but not limited to Smart Sharing plugin.

Unsubscribe teeclubza.wordpress@blogger.com from this list | Forward to a friend | Update your profile
Our mailing address is:
Awesome Motive Inc.
3701 Savoy Ln. Apt 106-D
West Palm Beach, FL 33417

Add us to your address book

Copyright (C) 2013 Awesome Motive Inc. All rights reserved.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น